Tuesday, June 11, 2013

On Set with Longmire

    Last Friday I worked as an extra for the television series Longmire. I was clad in a cowboy hat and a jean jacket, and I was on set from 6:30 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Even though it was a long night, I loved it. I got to be on a real set and I got to see how things are done. The show was filmed with three Red Epics, and I studied what the director and cinematographer were doing as much as I could. It was interesting to see that the techniques are pretty similar to indie film making, but they have a lot more money to throw around in regards to cast, crew and equipment. Also, there is a vast difference in amount of takes from what I usually do. I do multiple takes from different angles due to the fact that I have one camera. They have three cameras and can shoot each take from multiple angles all at once, yet they film at least twice as many takes as I do. The whole experience was fascinating, and I'm really looking forward to doing it again.

andrewjfann.com

No comments:

Post a Comment